Sexting is something which is becoming more and more prevalent in the digital age. As the traditional courtship rituals prove themselves to be antiquated and obsolete, new methods of flirting become available and popular. The most prevalent of these new flirting methods is sexting. For those of you who aren’t in the know, sexting is widely considered to be the sending of erotic pictures or statements through emails or text messages. With most smartphones having the computing power that laptops did ten years ago, sexting is becoming more widely and freely available as time passes.
It is also popular among adulterers and for good reason. Sometimes it can be hard to meet physically or there are even people who prefer to keep their affairs online or over the phone to minimize the chances of being caught. Sexting allows an exploration of new erotic experiences without ever having to vary your routine and can provide not only the intimacy that some people are craving, but help to clear some of the sexual urges that you might be having without needing to resort to impersonal pornography.
Women in particular are likely to sext as surveys of AshleyMadison.com’s members have shown that they are twice as likely as males to sext with people they had met in person. Over 60% of females who were surveyed admitted to sexting where as males were closer to the 50% marker. This might be because females were looking to meet someone in person and sexting is a way for them to test the waters while not needing to meet someone in person. It is also a fantastic way for affair partners to keep in contact after they have met and keep that romantic or sexual spark alive and well while they’re separated.
As sexting is becoming more of a norm, it has become integrated into the dating process as a new kind of flirting. Sending explicit photos or sexually suggestive texts have become the new way to get motors running and to see the creativity of your partner without much effort expended. It also helps that it does not require face to face contact or being on the phone with someone, allowing affair partners to respond to the texts at their leisure without worrying about their mind going blank or not performing up to par.
Sexting is still more popular among younger affair partners and considering the way that technology has been booming, you are much more likely to get sexts from an affair partner under the age of forty than someone who is older than that. Despite that though, sexting is a way of showing interest which shows promising results for those who are looking for an affair. Our surveys show that a mere 39% of the women who sext are only looking for an online affair whereas the other 71% are looking for real life hook ups and affairs. With these numbers, it’s easy to see that sexting is the way to go so here are a few tips on how to make the sexting enjoyable.
1. Write legible sexts. While no one is going to kill you for misspelling a word or two, there is nothing less appealing than having to squint and try to make out what someone is saying. Having to think too much about sexting draws away from the spontaneity of the moment and can diminish the pleasure of receiving a sext. It also doesn’t necessarily reflect well on you.
2. Do not dive right into the kinky stuff. Just like you wouldn’t start a first date with “Would you like to see my fully equipped BDSM dungeon?” you don’t want to start sexting with anything completely out there. Just like with real sex, you should look at the signals that your partner is giving rather than focusing completely on your own fantasies.
3. Don’t be too vanilla. While normal, missionary sex is good and while you don’t want to be too out there, sexting is a way to explore fantasies so don’t be afraid to go a little wild. It doesn’t need to be much, maybe change the location from a bed to a shower or describe what you would like to do to them against the wall.
4. Do not spam sexts. There might be a very good reason why someone isn’t answering your sext. Rather than sending a ton of short little replies to one of their sexts, write a longer one or at least space out your sexts so you know that you’re not making your partner’s phone ring while they’re in a meeting or with their spouse. They also might not be in the mood.
5. Don’t leave it at sexting. Unless you’ve got an explicit agreement with your affair partner that you’re going to leave it online, try to mix it up with some phone sex or in person bedroom romps. Sexting alone can get stale after awhile unless you have a very creative mind and a huge (and we mean mind blowing) diction.